Safety Challenges in the Wind Energy Industry
The rapidly-growing Wind Energy Industry presents a variety of safety
challenges for those working at heights. Whether in turbine
construction, maintenance or rescue/evacuation, providing safety at
height solutions that enhance worker safety, comfort, trust and increase
productivity has been our expertise for over 60 years.
Miller Fall Protection offers engineered safety at height and rescue
solutions, professional training services and the most extensive
selection of fall protection equipment of any manufacturer worldwide.
With production facilities and sales offices on all major continents,
Miller Fall Protection continues to build strength as a global force by
setting the standard in user-focused safety at height solutions.
Wind Turbine Construction, Maintenance and Rescue/Evacuation
Fall Arrest Considerations:
- Proper training and rescue plan development before a crisis occurs
- Reduce worker fatigue with lightweight and comfortable fall protection equipment
- Quick-operating descent devices along with self-rescue equipment
- Installation of vertical fall arrest ladder systems
- Proper fall protection when working from a ladder or service lift
- Variety of anchor points/connectors for safe access
- Vertical rope lifelines and rope grabs for special applications
- Fall protection equipment must be inspected, used, stored and maintained for proper performance – a life may depend on it
Safety at Height Products and Services
Number One in the World
Comprehensive Line of Products and Services
- Personal Protection Equipment
– Full-Body Harnesses
– Lanyards & Self-Retracting Lifelines
– Anchorage Connectors
- Confined Space & Rescue/Evacuation Equipment
- Engineered Solutions
- Height Access & Rescue Systems
- Professional Training
– Fall Prevention & Protection Training
– Technical/Height Access & Rescue Training
– Multilingual Training Available
Product Safety Compliance
- All Miller products are designed and tested by full-time qualified engineers and technicians.
- Our in-house testing facility complements independent third-party testing.
Safety at Height Solutions that meet all applicable OSHA, ANSI, CSA, EN, AUS/NZ, CA, TRAM, GB and GHOST standards and regulations.
Global Quality Manufacturing Network
- Buenos Aires, Argentina ISO 9001:2000
- Franklin, PA – United States ISO 9001:2000
- Hof, Germany ISO 9001:2000
- Jundiaí, Brazil
- Partizánske, Slovakia ISO 9001:2000
- Shanghai, Republic of China
- Tìjuana, Mexico ISO 9001:2000
- Victoria, Australia ISO 9001:2000
- Vierzon, France ISO 9001:2000
Proving international recognition of our overall design and manufacturing processes.
Engineered Safety at Height & Rescue Solutions
Dedicated to the design and installation of custom-engineered safety systems.
Miller Engineered Solutions offer custom
designs and services that address unique structures and extreme
conditions to ensure worker safety at height in any situation.
Engineered solutions include:
- Innovative anchorage and ladder systems
- Compliance with regional and local codes and regulations
Our qualified, licensed and experienced personnel complete all work from
design and engineering to final field commissioning, in compliance with
federal and local codes and regulations. All engineered solutions are
in accordance with our clients’ work environment, procedures and budget.
The added benefits expected include a significant reduction in risk,
maintaining or lowering insurance premiums, controlling worker
compensation claims, regulatory compliance and ultimately, safeguarding
Professional Wind Energy Training
Providing the awareness training essential for maintaining a safe work environment in the Wind Energy Industry.
Experienced instructors provide multilingual training, live
demonstrations and hands-on training while addressing site-specific
variables and performance requirements of fall prevention and
protection. Sperian Protection hosts the largest Innovation Technology
and Training Center in North America.
Click Here for Wind Energy Training Courses